Fecal Collection and Preservation Tubes are designed for the rapid preservation of nucleic acids in fresh fecal specimens. The tube contains a fecal preservative in liquid form. The user simply collects the stool into a tube (fill to the line indicated in the label) and mixes it gently until the stool is sufficiently submerged under the preservative. Fecal preservatives prevent the growth of Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria and fungi and also inactivate viruses. The composition of fecal preservatives allows DNA in samples to be stored at room temperature for more than 2 years and RNA at room temperature for 7 days. To prolong the stability of fecal RNA in preservatives, it is recommended to store at -20°C or -70°C upon arrival at the destination until RNA purification.
1. Preservatives provide sample uniformity and eliminate sample variability;
2. Safely store and transport DNA and RNA at ambient temperature;
3. No need for low-temperature transportation/storage;
4. The isolated nucleic acid can be used for any application, including 16s NGS;
5. It can be stable under a certain temperature range;
6. Various accessories can be customized for easy and safe collection;
7. Eliminate odors and keep samples safe and non-infectious.
We are a professional laboratory consumables wholesaler, if you are interested in the product, please contact us.